Pages

Sunday 27 January 2013

Getting the most out of your NEOM candle

I have made no secret of the fact that in November 2012 I finally started working for one of my favourite brands, Neom Luxury Organics.  I have been in love with the products for about 5 years, and have always shouted about them to anyone that would listen, so to now be managing accounts that stock NEOM is perfect for me!  You may look at this post as mercilessly plugging a brand I work for, but if I didn't believe in a brand, I wouldn't sell it, and I certainly wouldn't bother blogging about it!

More so than not, people just light a candle as soon as they take it out of the box/cellophane and I was guilty of this too before I had a NEOM candle, and due to the quite specific instructions, I figured I would take notice of them.  So I did trim the wicks, and I did burn it for the first time for a minimum of 2 hours.

This is what a NEOM candle should look like when it has been burning for over 2 hours.  The wicks will still stand upright, they will not droop into the wax, you can see it has burnt totally evenly, no mess around the edge of the glass.

If you are spending more than a fiver on a candle, treat it nicely!  Once it has cooled down, trim the wicks so it is ready for next time, and if you can get a lid for it, do.  It then doesn't end up covered in dust.  If it does end up covered in dust, just give it a light wipe with a baby wipe.  If you get the pillaring effect on one of our candles, (the walls of the candle stay in tact and the candle burns down the middle) then you've not listened to me!! 


This is a NEOM candle that has been burnt for about 3 hours
This is what a NEOM candle should look like when finished - a completely clean glass





If you want to try this for yourself, then pop along to www.neomorganics.com as there is a special offer on at the moment too!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Abby. I saw your blog mentioned on a tweet by Kat @Doesmybumlook40. Thank you for the candle care tips. I had no idea you had to do these things to keep a candle looking beautiful. I shall be carrying out these care tips from now onwards. Kat x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Thanks Kat, I'm glad you found it useful. It's the best way to get the most burning time out of it too! x

      Delete