Pages

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Size matters...

...when it comes to travelling with make up

 
Ever since I dropped my brand new dior foundation a few years ago and it smashed beyond recognition I am always wary of travelling with glass.  If you follow me on twitter you will know I am the clumsiest person on this earth.

I picked up a tester of YSL Le Teint Touche Éclat before I bought it, I always do this nowadays as have given away so many foundations that looked fine in the shop and then have realised the colour resembles an oompah loompah or similar when I get home.  I dread to think of the money wasted over the years.

I loved the sample and so bought the full size product, and as much as I love a pump dispenser for foundation, I invariably end up pumping too much (oooer) and have some left on the back of my hand.  Due to my hate for waste I now always keep the tester and simply scrape the excess into the tester bottle.  Hey presto, little wastage!  Even better; a teeny foundation pot that gives me around 5 days of war paint.


Do you have any tips for travelling with foundation to keep your make up bag a little lighter?

3 comments:

  1. I always take tester pots of foundation away with me too, usually in attempted to avoid excess baggage! ;)

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems I am just the one late to this party then Nic!

      Delete
  2. ps I also carry mascara samples/ GWP sizes

    ReplyDelete